Chartered Institute of Linguists, Metropolitan Police Test, Legal interpretingFully qualified interpreter, registered member of National Register of Public Service Interpreters (NRPSI) with full status on the register and 400+ evidenced hours of legal (and medical) interpreting
Universite de Nantes, France, Master of Science (MSc), Organic ChemistryMSc in Chemistry
City University London, Master of Arts (MA), Translating Popular Culture• Translating Multimodal Texts: Jess Smart Smiley's comic book 'Upside Down: A Vampire Tale'.
• Translating Science Fiction and Fantasy: 1000-word excerpt of Freda Warrington's novel 'A Taste of Blood Wine'.
• Translating Crime Fiction: 1000-word excerpt of Louis Bayard's novel 'Mr. Timothy'.
• Translating Children's Fiction: 1000-word excerpt of Philip Pullman’s novel 'The Ruby in the Smoke'.
• Principles and Techniques of Subtitling: Intralingual subtitling (a six-minute clip taken from 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. According to plan'); Intralingual subtitling for the deaf and hard of hearing (a six-minute clip taken from 'Gladiator').
• Interlingual Subtitling: Translation into Polish of a 10-minute clip taken from 'Love and Death'.
• Principles of Screenwriting and the Translation of Screenplays: 5 pages of the screenplay of ‘Crash’; a 5-page excerpt from ‘The English Patient’.
DISSERTATION: Translation of a 7000-word extract of Sarah Pinborough’s novel 'Mayhem'.
University of St. Andrews, Master of Arts (MA), German and Spanish (with Distinction in Spoken German)Dissertation title: "Homosociality and Homosexuality in Medieval German Literature: Mutually Exclusive or Intersecting Categories?"
Year abroad project: "The Fairytales of the Brothers Grimm - authentic German tales or simply collected in Germany?"
Coventry University, Master of Engineering - MEng, Civil EngineeringI completed a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering in 2017 with 1st Class.
I then decided to go a little further with my studies and get a Masters degree in Civil Engineering.
Advanced Contract & Project Management
Advanced Structural Analysis and Design
Leadership and Research Practice
University of Strasbourg, Langues Étrangères AppliquéesModules include: British and American Civilizations, Translations to and fro studied languages (French, English and Italian), Macroeconomics, General Knowledge, Database, Law, European Institutions, Business Management and Marketing.